Thursday, August 28, 2014

MONTHLY MOMMY MUST-HAVE: COOLIT


The Brand
An icepack….in the shape of a bowl? That’s what The Coolit is. Carrie and Matt grew tired of always having to blow on their daughter’s food to cool it down. They grew tired of constant stress that was associated with family meal times. Until one night Carrie had an idea, “What if there was an icepack in the shape of a bowl that could quickly cool down food?” She mentioned the idea to her husband Matt that evening and The Coolit was born.

The Products
The Coolit is a bowl that you keep in your freezer until mealtime when you can take it out and place your child’s hot food in it and it will cool to just the right temperature in under one minute. It’s great for all hot food types, is top rack dishwasher safe, and it fits easily in any freezer.

The Reason
The main reason this is my Monthly Mommy Must-Have this month is because it really does work. Sometimes for lunch I give my kids hot dogs or chicken nuggets with the easy mac cup of macaroni. I mean these things only take three minutes to cook in the microwave but it seemed like after I pulled it out of the microwave I had to leave it in the freezer for about 10 minutes just so it could cool down enough to serve to my children. Needless to say, I was eager to see if The Coolit would make a difference and it definitely did. I simply poured their macaroni into The Coolit (images below), stirred it around a few times and it was ready to serve. So much better than blowing the food, my kids burning their mouths or having to leave the food in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool. Here are some pics of how easy it is to use (keep in mind that my freezer is on the fritz and my Coolit came out covered in ice but you get the point). The Coolit is available for $10 at thecoolit.com.  







No comments:

Post a Comment