Monday, August 11, 2014

#MANIMONDAY - MELT MY HEART




The Scoop
So after last week’s hiccup I’m back on schedule with this week’s #ManiMonday post. I’ve always had a love and a slight obsession for nail polish strips – for the past few years they’ve afforded me the luxury of having uniquely designed nails without all of the hustle of doing a huge DIY project to achieve the look. The best thing of all about nail polish strips is there’s zero drying time – which is beyond amazing when you’re chasing after two toddlers. So, let’s check out which nail polish strip I chose for this week…

The Product
 Of all of the nail polish strip brands I have tried Sally Hansen’s Salon Effects collection still remains to be my number one pick. This week I chose one of the Limited Edition sets called ‘Melt My Heart’ (022). These nail polish strips are different than the original collection in that instead of being packaged in a box these strips are simply packaged in a square packet. In addition, instead of the 16 nail polish strips that are included in the original box sets these Limited Edition packet only come stocked with 12 strips. 

One thing I noticed when I started applying these is that the polish formula is a little stickier than the original formula (or at least it seemed this way to me). I say this because the very first finger I applied a strip to ripped because I was trying to ensure I had the strip flat first before pressing it down. Another thing I noticed about these is that since it only comes equipped with 12 strips instead of 16 I had a more difficult time than usual getting a nail polish strip that would fit my large nail beds. On some of my fingers that had too much space around the nail polish strips I used the two leftover strips to fill in the space. 


The Look
Overall, I really liked the finished product, and as of right now Sally Hansen’s Salon Effects is still my number one choice when it comes to nail polish strips. The major downfall about this is that it’s Limited Edition and seems to be sold out across the US. BUT, I purchased mine at my local CVS pharmacy and there seemed to be enough in stock at the time so I would suggest starting there if you’re interested in trying these out. $8, drugstore nationwide  





 


No comments:

Post a Comment