Monday, September 1, 2014

#MANIMONDAY - COLOR FRENZY



The Scoop
Happy Labor Day everyone! This week I'm showing a little U.S.A pride for this week’s #ManiMonday. And, just a slight update on last week’s #ManiMonday post – I took the Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat off yesterday and it did require a little elbow work to fully remove the “fuzz”. I definitely had to use more polish remover pads than I normally would. This week I used more Sally Hansen products the first is the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear ($10, amazon.com) nail color in “White Out” and covered it with the Sally Hansen Color Frenzy Textured Nail Color ($3, ulta.com)  in “Red,White, & Hue”. The color Color Frenzy line has been flying off the shelves; Amazon even says there’s only one left in stock. 

About Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coat
The Sally Hansen Color Frenzy Collection is a line of nail polishes featuring 8 unique splatter effect multi-dimensional glitters. In looking at the bottle you get the impression that there will be this explosion of glitter on your nails when it’s applied however I did not feel that was the case (and you’ll see what I mean in the pictures below). So needless to say I was a little disappointed in the amount of glitter that was left on my nails. In addition, the “Red, White, & Hue” polish is made with a pink tinted clear polish so when I placed it over my white nail polish it dulled down the color. My nails also took forever to dry, I woke up this morning with impressions on my nails and this was after my nails had ample hours of dry time. So with all of this I was not a huge fan of this week’s mani. I was pleasantly surprised however with the Hard as Nails nail polish because of the value – it was great for the $3 price tag.  


The Look
Despite the pink tint of the Color Frenzy polish my nails still came out pretty white…





 


No comments:

Post a Comment