Tuesday, August 5, 2014

#MANIMONDAY - CAVIAR DREAMS





The Scoop
I guess I got too ahead of myself last week. I got cocky because I was on time with my #ManiMonday post and now look at me, posting #maniMonday on Tuesday. I am shamed…lol. But it’s sort of a good thing because now I can share how the mani has been holding up. So let’s just jump right into it…

The Product
 This week I tried Rock Beauty’s Nail Rock Nail Caviar in “Venus”. I’ve been meaning to try the caviar mani for a minute so I’m glad I finally got my hands on one. This set come with a tin of “caviar” beads and a nail color that compliments the color of the beads. I was surprised at the formula and application of the nail polish. I wasn’t expecting anything great because I assumed you’d really just be paying for the beads but I was pleasantly surprised by the polish. The brush was perfect – it’s sort of a mix between a flat brush and a round brush. It picked up the perfect amount of polish. The polish was not streaky and it dried pretty quickly. I would have been content simply wearing the polish by itself – but I was on a mission. 

So in order to achieve the 3D caviar look you have to apply two coats of the nail color (I’m still using my Probelle Nail Hardener as a base coat as well), dip your fingers into the beads and then press firmly. After all of the steps were complete I was really happy with the way it turned out (see pics below). But now that I’m writing this post two days later I can say that I would not recommend this type of manicure if you want to rock it as your weekly manicure. It’s perfect to add a touch of glam for a night on the town – think birthday, New Years, etc. It’s two days later and 70% of my beads have already fallen off so it’s definitely not meant to last but still looks cool none the less. 

It also come in a color called ‘Jupiter’ which is gold and I think would be perfect for a holiday party. 

The Look
Overall, I really liked the finished product, I couldn’t stop staring at my nails when I was done. But like I said I definitely do not recommend this as an everyday manicure – but if you have a special occasion coming up it would be perfect. The set is pretty well priced at $8/pack which is good considering you can get one nail polish for that price. What do you ladies think? Have you tried the caviar nails yet? What brand did you use and how long did it last?  










Other News: Probelle Progress Report
In other news, as you guys have noticed from all of my #ManiMonday posts I’ve been using the Probelle Nail Hardener for about 4-5 weeks now. The first 3 weeks I kept clipping my nails down short every week. Week four is when I started to file and shape them instead of clipping them down. I decided to do this so that my nails could get stronger first before I started trying to grow them out. Check out my nails this week…
 




So far I like what my nails are doing. The only issue I have had has been with my thumbs. I don’t know what the problem is or was but for those first three weeks my nails kept breaking on the sides so for my thumbs I really had no choice but to keep clipping them down to try to correct the damage. Right now my thumbs are shorter than all of my other nails but overall they are a lot stronger and I can see a notable difference in the whites of my nails as well. 






Connect With Me  
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Style-Closet/220427301304785

http://www.instagram.com/_stylecloset

http://www.pinterest.com/xvintagedeex

http://www.twitter.com/_stylecloset

No comments:

Post a Comment