Monday, July 14, 2014

#MANI MONDAY : SWEET MELON



I hesitated on trying this color of polish for a few weeks because I thought it was too nude; like it wouldn’t look right against my skin tone. However when I tried it I was surprised at the color – it was more orange than I had originally thought which is great. It reminds me of an orange cream sicle. The polish is NYC New York Color In a New York Color Minute Nail Polish in 002 Sweet Melon.  It’s described as being a glossy polish that goes from wet to set in less than 60 seconds with a special control-flow brush that dispenses just the right amount of color for perfect application



I personally would have to disagree with the products description because I actually felt that the polish took FOREVER to really dry. I typically polish my nails in the wee hours of the night while up blogging or doing other work on the computer before going to bed. I wore the same polish in a different color last week but neglected to upload a #ManiMonday post – well because I suck. BUT, I probably stayed up between one and two hours before calling it a night and going to bed and when I woke up my nails had impressions on them indicating that they were not fully dry and that was again, after waiting about two hours before calling it a night. So I did the same thing last night only this time I stayed up later, about four hours later before turning it in and when I woke up this morning I didn’t have those impressions in the nail polish as I had last week. 

In regards to the brush, I actually feel like the brush picks up too much nail polish and I have huge nail beds so you know it really has to be a lot of polish on a brush for ME to feel that way. But every nail polish brand and every brush applicator is different so it’s just a matter of figuring out what application works best for the product you’re using at the time.
The reason why I opted to try the same nail polish a second week in a row is because despite the impressions that were left on my nails I didn’t take the nail polish off. I kept it on for the whole week and what I really came to like about the polish is that I had little to no chipping at all. And chipping is a very important factor when dealing with nail polish. 

So if you are in a rush and need a quick drying nail polish I would not recommend this brand (I’m a huge fan of the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri for that) however, if you have some time to spare to really let the polish dry and set I think you’ll be happy with the low-chip-factor and the price. 


Available for about $2 at retailers nationwide (Rite Aid, CVS, WalMart, Duane Reade and Target)


Have any of you ladies tried this nail polish? What  are your thoughts? 







Connect With Me
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Style-Closet/220427301304785

http://www.instagram.com/_stylecloset

http://www.pinterest.com/xvintagedeex

http://www.twitter.com/_stylecloset


No comments:

Post a Comment