Thursday, November 17, 2016

5 MUST-TRY RECIPES THIS THANKSGIVING

Hi Ladies and thanks for stopping by today. I'm still in shock that Thanksgiving is literally one week away. While I'm sure many of you have already begun your meal planning and ingredient purchasing, I have not. This year I started looking into trying some different recipes to spice up my Thanksgiving Day meal and here are a few recipes I'm interested in trying:



1. Slow Cooker Cinnamon Glazed Carrots
 What you will need:
- 2lbs of baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt

Cook Time:
- 5 minute prep
- 4 hour cook time

Directions: McCormick.com

2. Old-School Cranberry Salad 
 What you will need:
- 4 cups of fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup drained maraschino cherries
- 1 cup peeled and chopped Bartlett pears
- 1/2 cup drained mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup drained pineapple tidbits

Cook Time: 
- 20 minute prep time
- 3 hour cook time

Directions: MyRecipes.com 

3. Creamed Collards
What you will need:
- 4 1/2 lbs fresh collard greens 
- 1lb chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Cook Time: 
- 20 minute prep time
- 40 minute cook time

Directions: MyRecipes.com

4. Maple Sweet Potato Cups 
What you will need:
- 2 (24oz) packages frozen steam & mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packaged light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar

Cook Time:
- 15 minute prep time
- 40 minute cook time

Directions: MyRecipes.com

 5. Cornbread Stuffing with Sausage
Now this recipe has a special place in my heart. Almost 20 years ago I lost my uncle to the HIV virus. Our very last Thanksgiving together I helped him prepare the meal along with my older cousins. Cornbread Stuffing was one of those dishes. Prior to being introduced to this recipe I absolutely HATED stuffing. I mean, everything about it just disgusted me. There was something about the introduction of the sausage and cornbread that completely changed my perception of stuffing. So, if you are like I used to be and cannot stand stuffing I definitely urge you to give this recipe a try; and if you do I want to hear your thoughts.

What you will need: 
 - 1lb ground sausage
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 large onions , chopped
- 5 cups crumbled cornbread
- 5 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage

*Please note that my personal recipe only includes: celery, sausage, cornbread, stuffing mix, and melted butter*

Cook Time: 
 - 10 minute prep time
- 1hr cook time

Directions:  AllRecipes.com


What's on your Thanksgiving Day menu?


No comments:

Post a Comment