Monday, September 8, 2014

#MANIMONDAY - THE SIMPSONS




The Scoop

So a little while back some of you might remember I shared the news about one of M.A.C.’s upcoming new collections which was the Simpsons collection or what I like to call, “Marge 4 M.A.C.”. Back then when I was writing the post two months seemed so far away before I would be able to get my hands on the collection but here we are – I made it to the September 4th launch in one piece (lol). So, it just so happened that the launch was scheduled on my son’s third birthday so while we were out at the mall doing some school shopping I took a slight detour the M.A.C. store here in the Christiana Mall. 

I was surprised that when I went I wasn’t immediately bombarded with Simpsons marketing propaganda. Instead, the collection was set off to the side on one little display. For all of the buzz that surrounded this collection I was just expecting more of a fuss around the in-store launches; but I digress. The display housed four lip glosses, two eye shadow palettes, one blush, and one nail sticker set. 

Because of my weekly #ManiMondays I of course wanted to grab the nail stickers. I debated a little while between the purple shaded lip gloss called, “Itchy & Scratchy & Sexy” and the blush in ‘Pink Sprinkles’ but finally decided to go with the blush. 

About The Simpsons Nail Stickers

As soon as I took the stickers out of the package I was immediately reminded of the Sally Hansen Salon Effects stickers – they must be made by the same manufacturer. One important note here about these stickers is that they are nail polish strips and not vinyl nail stickers. After going back and forth between the polish strips and the vinyl stickers I would definitely have to pick the polish strips every time.

These stickers applied easily and the sizes were perfect for my large nail beds. Some things I think could have been changed or added to these nail stickers include:
1. Feature some strips with Marge’s hair in blue instead of the entire nail strip being yellow
2. Featured different color sticker sets – possibly in the colors of the lip glosses

Overall, I definitely am a fan of these nail stickers. I think the shade of yellow is one that will be flattering on all skin tones and the size of the stickers is a plus in my book. I hope M.A.C. decides to launch a line of nail stickers outside of just a collaboration collection. The stickers retail for $16.50 and are available online and in stores.

The Look







No comments:

Post a Comment